The Albany Medical Center Archives preserves and cares for unique and historical materials, making them available for research and use now and in the future. The collection dates back to 1811 and features not only original documents such as the original draft of the Act to Incorporate the Albany Medical College, but also fascinating and unusual objects, such as the Lithopedion, or “stone baby.”
What is an Archives?
- An archives is a place alive with information! An archives is a collection containing non-current records of an institution as well as historical materials.
- An archives allows you to explore history and discover new and exciting truths about an institution, place, or person.
Collection Holdings Highlights
- Alumni Association Records 1874-2005
- Theses 1839-1891
- Yearbooks, "The Skull" 1906-2011
- Albany Hospital Records 1844-1990
- Albany Medical College 1811-2011
- Albany Medical Annals 1880-1939